Avera Queen of Peace
Weekdays: 2:00pm-10:30pm; Weekends/Holidays: 6:00pm-6:30am, e/3rd wknd/hol; 72hrs/2wks
|Join the team at Avera!|
Culture: Be part of a multidisciplinary team built on teamwork, with compassion and the goal of Moving Health Forward for you and our patients. Work where you matter.
You Belong at Avera: Competitive pay, front-loaded PTO and options for free health insurance, sign-on bonuses, various shifts to fit your lifestyle and opportunities for career growth.
Exciting opportunity to join the Avera Laboratory as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)!
May be eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus with a 2-year commitment!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) available on Day 1!
- Options for Free Health Insurance!
- This position is eligible for Avera's Student Loan Repayment Program which helps you pay off your loans and save money. Each month an extrra payment of $167 (up to $10,000) from Avera will help pay down your principal balance faster.
- Perform a variety of clinical laboratory tests, procedures and related duties.
- Career Growth opportunities with the largest employer in South Dakota.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of laboratory instrumentation or disciplines including supply inventory, quality control, calibration and reagent preparation.
- Accurately perform complex clinical laboratory testing following established procedure.
- Communicate data and pertinent technical information to appropriate departments, healthcare providers and individuals in timely fashion.
- Provide instructions on proper pre-analytical specimen collection, specimen handing, and storage guidelines for various body fluids.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science and completion of NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Scientist program; or a Bachelor’s degree in a related science and one to two years of experience/training acceptable to the ASCP or AMT for the Medical Laboratory Scientist required.
- Certification as Medical Laboratory Scientist from the ASCP, AMT, or equivalent required within 12 months of hire.
- Weekdays: 2:00pm-10:30pm; Weekends/Holidays: 6:00pm-6:30am; 72 hours every 2 weeks
- Every third weekend
- Every third holiday
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
- $26.25 - $39.50 per hour