Countryside Living Independent and Assisted Living Facility is searching for qualified and self-motivated Certified Medication Aides to join our assisted living facility. You will perform a variety of patient care duties including administering medication, reporting changes, collecting samples, and recording medication dosages.
The ideal medication aide will be extremely detail-oriented and possess in-depth knowledge of patient care procedures. Providing excellent patient care is a vital part of this job, which is why excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed.
- Deliver routine daily medications to residents.
- Coordinate with nursing staff to assist with resident care and medications.
- Follow written or verbal instructions to manage medications.
- Record medication dosages and times.
- Observe patients and document changes in their condition.
- Ensure equipment is routinely inspected and cleaned.
- Uphold all health and safety standards.
- Respond to patient emergency call signals, bells, or intercom systems to identify patient needs.
- Assist with residents’ activities of daily living.
- Other duties as assigned
Other responsibilities may include:
- Preparing dining rooms and tables.
- Serve meals using standards to maintain sanitation and quality.
- Light cleaning.
- High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological terminology.
- Certified medication aide preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
Full-time Employee Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Shifts: Two positions available:
- Midnight - 8 am
- 10:30 pm -6:30 am
Applicants may be subject to a full background check and drug screening before hire
Countryside Living Assisted and Independent Facility
2100 N Wisconsin St
Mitchell, SD 57301